Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life is like "Moon Patrol" aka Fun with Grammar, aka Calvinists are Wrong!

There's a sentence that I agreed with the first time I read it. "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." The second (and every other) time I read it, I was just annoyed.

There is some truth in that statement. Case in point...

I moved closer to Boise a year ago to save on fuel and cut down on driving time to some of my customers. I didn't want to buy--the market was dropping then, so I rented. Guess what! The lease is up the end of this month and I have to leave. Doh!

The kids are already registered for school and I can't find a place in our town that meets our needs. Oh and August 1 was going to be the official roll out of our brand new, shiny, black, made from genuine naughas, content management system for www.acmetechworks.com. Or maybe not.

Too bad I haven't started pod casting yet--I could chuckle about the experience with my audience.

Back to that statement. Life isn't what happens when you're making other plans. Sure, it throws a damper on your dreams sometimes. But life is more like Moon Patrol. You jump over obstacles or shoot them if warranted, while you're on your way, doing what you're doing.

Perhaps it's clearer to say that life is complicated mash of your actions and reactions in the stream of events around you. Bah! Life is like Moon Patrol.

I know some people who believe in predestination. I guess for them, life is more like a movie, they're just watching it from a first person point of view. Weird. I love you guys, but definitely weird. From my perspective, a higher being did not make the grape lady fall.

My Moon Patrol view of life is a simile. I know that can be confusing for some, so let me shift gears and give you a metaphor.

Life is Moon Patrol. You have an array of actions you may use at anytime, some of which have negative consequences.

My best wishes to you! May you hit the up button and space bar at all the right times!

P.S. "naugha" is not in blogger.com's spell check. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment